Last Updated on 25/09/2022 by Miki
The Hario V60 coffee dripper is one of the most popular coffee brewing methods around. It’s a simple and effective way to brew coffee, and it produces consistently delicious results. If you’re looking for a new coffee brewing method, or if you’re just curious about the V60, read on to learn more about this popular coffee dripper.
What Is A Hario V60 Coffee Dripper?
The Hario V60 is a cone-shaped manual coffee brewer that is widely used by coffee enthusiasts. It’s known for its ability to produce a clean and flavourful cup of coffee. The V60 is made by the Japanese company Hario, which is known for its high-quality glassware and coffee products. The name represents its V shape with 60 degrees angles.
The V60 is made out of ceramic, plastic, glass, stainless steel or copper, and has a filter made out of paper. The V60 allows coffee to be brewed directly into a cup or carafe. The device is placed on top of a coffee cup or carafe, and hot water is poured over the coffee grounds. The spiral ribs help to evenly distribute the water over the coffee grounds, and the hole in the centre allows the coffee to drain evenly into the cup or carafe. The user can control the speed of the water flow and the amount of time that the coffee grounds are in contact with the water, which allows them to experiment with different brewing methods and produce a cup of coffee that is tailored to their preferences.
Is The Hario V60 Worth It?
The Hario V60 is s popular coffee brewing method that promises better flavour and a more evenly-extracted cup of coffee. But is it really worth the extra effort? There are several factors to consider when deciding whether the Hario V60 is worth it for you.
- First, this coffee maker does require a bit of a learning curve to use effectively. Once you get the hang of it, however, you will be able to produce consistently delicious cups of coffee.
- Another factor is how much time you are willing to spend on your coffee brewing routine. The V60 requires a bit more attention than other methods, so if you’re looking for a quick cup of coffee, this might not be the best option. Having said that, the V60 is very easy to clean, so it can certainly save you some time.
- Lastly, the V60 is affordable, reliable, and produces consistent results. While it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of some of the more expensive brewing methods, it’s a great value for the price.
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not the Hario V60 is worth it depends on your needs and preferences.
How To Brew V60 Coffee
To brew Hario V60 coffee, you will need:
- Hario V60 coffee dripper
- Hario V60 coffee filter
- Coffee beans
- Coffee grinder
- Gooseneck kettle
- Filtered water
- Start by heating up your water to just below boiling.
- Put the Hario V60 on top of your carafe.
- Place your coffee filter in the V60 and wet it with a little hot water. This will help to release any paper taste. Get rid of the water.
- Grind your beans to a medium-fine grind. I highly recommend using a burr coffee grinder.
- Add 15g of your coffee grounds to the filter and give them a gentle shake to level them out.
- Slowly pour 50g of hot water over the grounds and wait for 30 seconds.
- Start pouring the remaining water to ensure even saturation. The total hot water you use will be around 1 cup (250ml).
- Pour your desired amount into your cup or mug and enjoy 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to purchase something, I may earn a commission without any extra cost to you. I would appreciate it if you do so to keep this blog going!
Which Hario V60 To Buy
There are a few things to consider when purchasing a Hario V60. The size of the brewer, the material, and the price are all important factors:
The size of the brewer will determine how much coffee you can make at one time. If you only plan on making one cup of coffee, then the 01 size is likely sufficient. If you plan on making multiple cups of coffee, then you may want to consider the 02 or 03 sizes.
The material will affect how long the brewer last and how well it retains heat.
- Ceramic: Classic, sturdy and good heat retention
- Plastic: Light, portable and most affordable
- Glass: Aesthetically pleasing, fragile and good heat retention
- Metal: Durable, stylish and most expensive
The price is a factor to consider when purchasing any coffee brewing equipment. If you are a traveller or have a tight budget, you’ll want to try the plastic or ceramic V60. On the other hand, if you’d like your V60 to look beautiful and brew beautifully, then it’s worth paying more for a glass or metal one.
The V60 kit includes a ceramic dripper, glass server, measuring spoon and filters. It’s made out of high-quality materials, yet reasonably priced. Highly recommended.
This starter set comes with a plastic dripper, glass server, measuring spoon and filters. It’s an excellent value for money and perfect for anyone who wants to start brewing with a V60.
Best Hario V60 Filters
There’s no question that the Hario V60 is one of the best pour-over coffee makers on the market. But what makes it really shine is the wide range of filters that are available for it. Whether you’re looking for a more traditional paper filter or want to experiment with something like a metal filter, there’s a filter for you. And because each type of filter produces a slightly different cup of coffee, it’s easy to find the perfect one for your taste. So if you’re looking for the best possible cup of pour-over coffee, make sure to check out the different filters for the Hario V60. Here are my top 3 picks for you:
Made in Japan, the V60 paper coffee filters are the most basic and versatile as you can choose the size according to your V60 dripper. In addition, you can choose a colour of white or natural, depending on your preference. They are disposable, so there’s no hassle to clean.
If you are after an eco-friendly option, I recommend a Barista Warrior reusable stainless steel coffee filter. Another advantage is that it doesn’t deliver the undesired taste like paper filters. Moreover, it can save you money in the long run. Although it’s suitable for V60 02 & 03 only, it comes with a lifetime warranty.
This set of 3 packs is a perfect option for people who have a Hario V60 01. It’s a great value for money compared to buying 1 pack at a time. Furthermore, you don’t need to worry about running out of your filters as they will last for a while.
How To Clean A Hario V60
The Hario V60 is a simple, yet effective way to make a delicious cup of coffee. But like all coffee makers, it needs to be properly cleaned in order to perform its best. Here are some tips on how to clean your Hairo V60:
- First, it’s important to clean the V60 after each use. This will prevent any build-up of coffee grounds or oil, which can affect the taste of your coffee.
- Next, remove the filter and discard the used grounds. You may want to reuse your coffee grounds like this.
- Then, rinse the V60 with hot water.
- Lastly, use mild soap and a soft sponge to clean the inside of the V60. Be sure to rinse off the soap thoroughly.
So there you have it – everything you need to know about the Hario V60! This popular coffee brewing device is beloved by coffee aficionados for its ability to produce a high-quality cup of coffee. With its user-friendly design and affordable price point, the Hario V60 is a great option for anyone looking to upgrade their coffee brewing setup.